Assonta Wagner is a birth doula providing confidence to birthing families in Calvert County.
Birth Doula Services
A doula is a mother's companion before, during and after birth. As your doula, I am there to support you during the birth of your child. I am there to help you write your story, by helping you and your partner be as educated and prepared as possible. I will share information and resources with you prenatally, and we will work together, as a team, to create your birth plan. I support you and your partner throughout the process, offering continual support so you have the best birth possible.
I want you to be confident, secure, and empowered in your decisions without any judgement or pressure. My aim for your labor and birth is a calm, supportive and loving atmosphere, where I hold space for your needs.
Services Offered Include:
- An initial interview free of charge,
- Text or telephone follow-ups after physician appointments,
- Up to 6 hours of prenatal visits,
- Accompany you to any prenatal physician visit,
- On call informational assistance 24/7 from 36 weeks; prior to that please allow at least 24 hours for a return call or text.
- Birth and postpartum plan assistance,
- Continuous active labor support, with up to three (3) hours postpartum to ensure you and baby are doing well with your feeding method,
- Two postpartum meetings,
- A labor timeline.
What I do NOT do:
- Perform clinical or medical interventions.
- Make decisions for you.
- Speak to the staff on your behalf.
Basic Doula Package
This includes: up to 6 hours of prenatal visits, unlimited phone and texting, on call from 36 weeks to delivery, a typed timeline of events, and two postpartum visits. Investment: $1,000
Doula Plus Package
This includes: basic doula package plus three weeks (visits) of postpartum doula care. Investment: $1,500
Your birth story written for your child printed on acid free paper for baby books, gifts, and framing. You will receive 6 copies plus a digital copy. Investment: $25
I ask for half of the fee at contract signing, and the other half at 37 weeks.
Financial arrangements are available! Please do NOT hesitate to ask. Anyone who needs birth support should have it.